Our signature workforce program Reaching New Heights is creating a pipeline of bilingual talent for the banking industry. Our program prepares underemployed and unemployed diverse candidates in resume development, interviewing skills and customer service – and matches vetted candidates with employers in the financial services industries such as banks, insurance companies and credit unions to diversify the financial workforce. Our program is creating a #globalworkforce in the banking industry. Checkout our impact.
Through our highly-successful workforce development program, our graduates have landed full time jobs at major financial institutions such as BB&T, PNC, MECU, Wells Fargo, Priority Financial Services and New York Life Insurance Company.
Our graduates are earning between $9,000-$30,000 more in wages as a result of our program, plus benefits, including health insurance, 401K and paid sick and vacation days. The Foundation’s impact video features two participant testimonials: https://vimeo.com/207855442
Job Placement Highlights:
- Eduardo V., Mexican native, landed a position as a bilingual bank teller at Wells Fargo as a result of our program. He’s been promoted from a teller to a banker. Prior to our program, he was a cook at a local restaurant.
- Maria G. a native of Nicaragua, has been hired at PNC Bank as a
bilingual sales and service associate. She’s now one of the branch’s top selling representatives. In fact, she recently purchased her own car. Prior to our program, she was previously a teacher with hourly wage and no benefits.
- Carolina O., a native of Colombia, now works at PNC Bank as a
bilingual teller. Prior to our program, she was a caretaker without benefits.
- Xiomara V., a native of El Salvador, accepted a job at Priority Financial Services, working in the loan department. She was a custodian prior to our program without benefits such as paid time off.
- Iris A., a native of El Salvador, received a job as a bilingual teller at Wells Fargo Bank. Prior to our program, she worked as a manager at a local fastfood chain.
With additional support from: Bank of America, TD Bank Charitable Foundation, BB&T Bank, Wells Fargo and the Baltimore County Public Library!